Psychology students who participate in AntiLoneliness Internship Programme are given the opportunity to learn about the real challenges of a psychologist’s practice and at the same time to build their own professional toolbox through the practical knowledge they will gain.
Vassia Sarantopoulou, owner and founder of AntiLoneliness and psychologist/counselor has more than 15 years of experience in the fields of counseling sessions, but also of organising psychoeducational workshops and support groups in order to help individuals in their struggles.
She facilitates the internship and provides the positive and safe environment so that the students’ personal and professional learning goals are met.
The Four Pillars of AntiLoneliness Internship
1 – Organisation & Preparation
- Prepare material and resources for psychoeducational workshops and support groups
- Assist in the organising of workshops, support groups, presentations
- Participate in all stages of organising a new workshop/ support group/ presentation
2 – Supervision
- Participation in workshops and support groups (from observation to active participation and interaction)
- Reflections/ Self-reflections
- Group supervision
- Questioning and formation of hypothesis (Case formulation)
- Case studies
- Therapist’s skills
- Psychoeducational team meetings
3 – Learning and Development
- Learning a variety of therapeutic approaches and therapeutic techniques
- Studying and reporting literature
- Learning new knowledge and tools from articles, books and videos
- Focus on Group counseling, Grief Counseling and Loneliness
- Putting together a therapist’s toolbox
4 – Research
- Data processing / Data analysis
- Study on Loneliness
- Statistical analyses
Are you interested in participating in the AntiLoneliness Internship?
Apply via their website at Anti-Loneliness.
The deadline for applications for the internship group of February-June 2022 is over. From now on we accept applications for semester September 2022 – January 2023.
The deadline for applications is until July 1st 2022. You will be informed if you pass to the 2nd phase, the interview, by July 8th. Interviews will be conducted between 13-23 July. Any application after July 1st will be automatically considered and reviewed for the next semester February – July 2023.